Saturday, August 4, 2007

Quiet Characters

Last week I went to our local historic cemetary to paint. It was a beautiful day and I thought about all of the people there and the lives they lived and the times they lived them. It was really so peaceful. When someone dies I always think, now they know the secrets of the universe. Just think of all of the love contained in that place for all of the people. Amazing. This was a very fast plein air study and I like the bright sun effect on the head stones.
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

stephanie said...

Wow Nancy, these are really good. Watch out Angelo, DiVinci and the rest.

Tommy Thompson said...

Nancy,

This reminded me that last Saturday the Plein Air Nashville group painted at the City Cemetery in Nashville. You did a great job on this one.

Marie and Tommy
www.tommythompsonart.com