Monday, October 29, 2007

Katherine



I painted this from a photo in a Robert Bean portrait workshop from a couple of weeks ago. Robert teaches at A&M University in Alabama and he is a very talented artist. I didn't intend for this to have such an old world look. In fact I was going in a total different direction but my hand took over from my brain and this is the result. I had a wonderful time at my Ken Auster workshop and I learned so much. I hope to put that knowledge to work but it is harder than it looks when you see a great artist like Ken do it with such ease and control.
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

rattln along said...

I enjoy your work and only have a suggestion on photographing. Use something to bounce and defuse your flash. I think you will see that your art will be better represented.

n. rhodes harper said...

Thank you so much for your advice. I have been so hasty with my photos and I need all the help I can get. I plan to take a class to improve and I will try out your suggestion. Thanks for your kind comment on my work. Please keep visiting!