Tuesday, March 25, 2008

Still Life Light Box


Here is a picture of my new still life light box set up. My husband and I made it from the design of Carol Marine's that she posted on her blog several weeks ago. It is going to be a lot of fun using it. My good friend Pattie Wall asked about tips for fabricating. Just decide what size you want, head on down to Home Depot and purchase some pvc pipe, I used 1" some corners to match and some additional pvc brackets with 3 holes( i am sure they have a name but everything is a thingy to me.)Buy some pvc glue (very important to glue all joints together). Have some 1/4 inch plywood cut to fit 2 sides of the squarish contraption you have created, drill some holes in the wood that rests along the bars and put those plastic zip ties in the holes and around the pvc tubes. this hold the wood on. That's all there is to it!!

1 comment:

Pattie said...

yea! You made a shadow box! Any tips for the fabrication process?