Wednesday, March 19, 2008

Workshop Study


I just returned from what I feel was one of my more fun, money well spent experiences of my painting life. The Carol Marine Karin Jurick workshop in Texas. I learned a lot made new friends and literally wore myself out. I also learned a bit of blog etiquette and I must now apologize. I am one of the jerks who in the past has written comments on others blogs and left my link for the world to see in my comment. I realize now this is quite tacky. I am sorry. When you do this you are using that artist to advertise your blog for you, without permission. email them and ask if they will ad you as a link, they will either agree or not. Moderated comments may delete your blog anyway so it is all for naught. I also have a comment to make and I know it will come off as rude although not meant to be. Carol and Karin are very giving artists on line and even more so in a workshop, so for those of you who ask for tips when people comment to Carol or Karin on line on how much they learned at the work shop,and you chime in and ask them to post tips to you for free, please don't do that, they hold workshops for a reason to teach what they know because they love it and to be paid for it because they have worked just as hard as anyone else to learn what they know, pay for their time, expenses etc ! Others, meaning students have paid good money for those tips why should they(teachers and students) give them up to you for free. Also people are always asking for help to set up blogs etc. Please google and take a little time to just research on your own, it is all there waiting for you to discover on your own and you will feel so much more accomplished when you figure it out on your own. Blogger walks you through baby steps to set it up. I don't mean to come off as rude here but everyones time is valuable and unless a person offers the knowledge up to you or you pay for a workshop refrain from asking. Just a pet peeve, not meaning to rant.It has taken me a lifetime of study,earning what I know and paying for it. There are no shortcuts. Get the info on your own and feel good about it. Never has there been so much info at your fingertips as there is now.Wheww, enough said!! This painting is a study I painted during the workshop, not great but the beginning of one I can be proud of. I may go back to it at some point or I may not but it was fun and enjoyable.I try to do as many fun and enjoyable things as I can at my age because life is too short. (can you tell I have been reading oprah's book club book!) lol happy painting and enjoy to the few of you who read my blog. the painting is 8x10 oil on board ©2008.

4 comments:

Pattie said...

Hi Nancy, this painting is so "whimsical". Love the colors and the content! I like your haircut, too! Great minds think alike on that one! Ha! You are so right about learning to do your own blogspot. It couldn't be any easier. It seems like, if one can read, one can figure out how to create a blog. Nice to meet you, happy painting!

Mary Spires said...

Hi Nancy, ....what a wonderful workshop, plus I got to meet you and Charlotte. I have been sooo busy since I returned, but I'm so inspired!

Karin Jurick said...

Amen Sister!

n. rhodes harper said...

Thanks everyone. I had to Karin! I was p'd off! lol