Friday, September 5, 2008

Dear Jack


My dear friend Karin Jurick lost her sweet friend Jack. Leave it to Karin to make something so painful into something positive and including others with her generosity. Karin introduced a new blog this week Different Strokes From Different Folks where she posts a photo and invites other artists to interpret it and send the results to her to publish on the blog. The first photo is of her baby Jack who recently passed after a brave fight with his illness. Isn't this the most wonderful idea? 6x6 oil on hardboard $125.00 ( the money from the sale of this painting will be donated to our humane society here in Huntsville,Al. in memory of Jack Jurick) http://differentstrokesfromdifferentfolks.blogspot.com

6 comments:

Rick Nilson said...

Thats the stuff. Good Dog. Glad to hear about the donation, I commend you and I hope you sell it. I love the site you mention. I may jump in and participate. Thanks.

Marilyn M. King said...

Nancy, so sorry to hear about your Mom, you will have my prayers too.

Your painting of Jack is wonderful. I think you captured him as well as Karin and I agree that she has a great idea with the new blog. Thanks for sharing your "Jack".

n. rhodes harper said...

Thanks so much for your kind comments and prayers. If my Jack painting doesn't sell, I will buy it myself.I am one of those people who has a yad sale to sell $5000.00 worth of stuff for $500.00 and think I made a fortune! LOL

Beverly Sams said...

Nancy, you've done a beautiful portrait of Jack.

Sherrie Russ Levine said...

you nailed this one of Jack, nice job!

Peggy Montano & Paintings said...

Your painting of Jack is wonderful.
I'm glad to see your daily studies.