Friday, September 19, 2008

A Man Reading A Newspaper from Different Strokes Blog




This is my version of the weekly painting submission to Different Strokes From Different Folks Blog from Karin Jurick. I am having so much fun participating in this weekly challenge. It is always amazing how Karin can choose a simple photo of an everyday person and Interpret it into a special painting. I think the white edge is too white around the bottom of the newspaper so I will correct that later. 5x7 oil on board $110.00



http://differentstrokesfromdifferentfolks.blogspot.com/

5 comments:

Mark Bridges said...

Hey Nancy. This one is great. One would bet you took a workshop from Karin. Wink, wink. I'll do mine on my day off sunday.

rick nilson said...

This painting is lovely. It must be good news about something in the newspaper.

Robin said...

Nancy - In my never-to-be-humble opinion this one is the best - what a glow! What a composition! And the Chaboun model is great - you're gonna keep it - right?

Anonymous said...

Your blog keeps getting better and better! Your older articles are not as good as newer ones you have a lot more creativity and originality now keep it up!

n. rhodes harper said...

Thanks Anonymous, I strive to improve everyday. I appreciate your comments. Please come back and visit again soon.