Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Silent Silos

I have been driving by silos for years and suddenly I have become fascinated by them. These happen to be small ones but the large ones remind me of skyscrapers out in the country. There is an area between Little Rock, Ar. and Memphis, Tn. around Wheatley Ar., where the land is very flat and there are some huge silos rising up out of the rice patty's and wheat fields. The first time I saw them almost 40 years ago I actually thought it was the skyline of Memphis! lol I love the picturesque ones next to barns as well. So, I am looking out for silos everywhere now. These were painted with my very favorite adopted, artist, mentor, son, Elio Camacho in Tennessee. Aren't I lucky!! 6x8 oil on board 2008

2 comments:

Art with Liz said...

Gosh - found your blog and love your work. Will keep following.

Mary Sheehan Winn said...

Love silos.