Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Steele St. In Progress



I just started this one yesterday "en plein air" and then I had to stop. Today it is overcast and gloomy so I will stay inside and finish it. The house is such a strange color, I will really have to push my values on this one. All of the trim was white the house is a pale pale almost pinkish taupe. Even the window trim is pale. I did recieve an commission while I was painting in our historic district yesterday. Lot's of other people wanted my card. I think if I wnet to a different street to paint everyday, I would have a lot of business! I am going to write more about the "smARTist" telesummit soon. It was wonderful and so much information to process. I highly suggest that everyone try it next year, it is worth the money and you suddenly become more aware of those opportunity doors opening that you may have ignored in the past. Plus you can attend in your pj's in your own home. If you don't have time for it live, you can download it to keep and listen to over and over. The coaches were wonderful and it was so organized. More on that later. The number 1 marketing suggestion is Facebook people! You won't believe who is on there and who my friends now are. Some of the huge names in the painting world up close and personal! It is fun to check in on all of the other artists and old friends. Great groups to have discussion with as well and it is free. I am still trying for the best paintings to enter into a couple of competitions and that old evil perfectionist bug is nagging at me even though I know there is no such thing. I used to be petrified by it. If a painting wasn't my idea of perfect, I wouldn't paint at all! I wasted so much time with this stupid way of thinking. Instead of painting and growing, I stopped. Maybe a subconscious way to sabbatoge myself or a fear of success, I don't know. Any way, I have now moved on and time is what it is an I am loving painting any way they come out I am growing everyday even at 56!

4 comments:

Robin said...

Nancy - I can already see the results of your recent teleconference. I see sure, bold definite colorful strokes that tell me (I've said it before) you have no fear! Go girl!
Robin

Art with Liz said...

Thanks for this great post Nancy. Look forward to seeing the finished painting.

n. rhodes harper said...

Thanks Robin! How in the heck are you? You are the one that rocks!

n. rhodes harper said...

Liz, Thank you my dear! I finished it and will photograph it tomorrow. I always appreciate your support.