Saturday, April 25, 2009

Smooches


Exciting things are happening. Lot's of commissions are coming in and I am having a show next September at Renaissance Art Gallery but more on that later. The photo of this painting is not as sharp as I would like but it will have to do as the painting has already been shipped to the gallery for sale.She is really beautiful and so fresh with vibrant, luscious brush strokes. The painting is framed with a black and gold wood plein air frame from Del Frames. The framed size is 15x18 unframed 11x14. Please visit Renaissance Art gallery for purchase information. oil on hardboard. c 2009
Enjoy!

8 comments:

Vern Schwarz said...

Nancy, what a seriously cool painting. I love the way you handled her cheeks and chin and then the warmth in her forehead. The lips and hair highlights are amazing.

Art with Liz said...

Oh Nancy, I had to smile when I saw the thumbnail of her on my blog list. She is delightful!

Mark Bridges said...

Hey Girl. sounds like you have some joy going on. Happy painting.

n. rhodes harper said...

Thanks Vern, I just let this one flow, sometimes thinking too hard is not a good thing where my paintings are concerned! lol

n. rhodes harper said...

Liz, you are always a source of encouragement and strength for me. thank you so much!

n. rhodes harper said...

Hey Markie Mark painter man. thanks for noticing my joy!!

AmIGettingOld said...

I love this painting! It just looks so fun. I am just a beginner painter and your art really inspires me. Love the vivid colors!

n. rhodes harper said...

AmIGettingOld, thanks so much for your visit and kind words. I am glad you are an artist, no matter if you are a beginner. You have the calling and you are doing something about it! Keep painting!