Tuesday, September 7, 2010

The Backside Of Vintage Cargo by Nancy Rhodes Harper


This is a wonderful store in Eureka Springs, Ar. called Vintage Cargo. They have the most beautiful things for your home. The front of the building is as you would expect beautiful. When I was driving around there this summer, I saw such interesting forms on the backside of the building. So I decided to paint it and this is the result. 6x6 oil on canvas board ©2010. $135 +s/h  contact Nancy Rhodes Harper if you are interested in purchasing. Thanks for looking.

Number 5 in Sept. marathon series.

8 comments:

Karen Bruson said...

Beautiful light.

Linda Popple said...

The colors are beautiful and it is interesting that the back of a building has a unique look of its own. Well done!

n. rhodes harper said...

Thanks Karen, It was a hot bright summer day, I am glad that I captured the light.

n. rhodes harper said...

Thanks Linda, I think that salmonish color is one of my favorites. I have decided to start looking all around buildings because you never know what view is more interesting.

Pattie Wall said...

I like that you took the backdoor view - so often we forget that there are other sides to what we view...just like the backs of people walking which sometimes has such poetry (and I know you paint). This one works for me...it's like 'behind the scenes' - the heart and soul of the scene.

n. rhodes harper said...

How true Pattie and thanks. I have totally been ignoring the backside of everything., And it opened a whole new world.

Ruth Andre said...

This painting is a favorite. I love the pinks. Very nice.

Lisa Daria said...

Looks good - I find the backs of buildings are interesting to paint too!