Monday, September 20, 2010

Looking For Parmesan by Nancy Rhodes Harper

Another beautiful vegetable, that is beautiful to look at but takes time to prepare when you cook it. I am all about simple, fast instant gratification kind of vegetables but eggplant Parmesan is really wonderful. I love the deep lush colors that the sunlight casts upon them as they glow in the garden. So perfect. 6x6 oil on 2" gallery wrap canvas ©2010. Available, contact me for information. Thanks for looking!
Note: A very dear friend Beckie Saar Leone, pointed out that I was off in my count for my daily painting marathon works ! I had lost a day in there somewhere and was cheating myself out of a painting. Can you imagine? I am so grateful that she is so observant. Thanks Becky!

No. 17 in my Sept Daily Painting Marathon

18 comments:

Pam Holnback said...

Love these eggplants. You really captured the color!

Bev Boren said...

Love it! Great color and so rich!

Dana Cooper said...

Love the yummy color in this Nancy...and eggplant parmesan!

Karen Werner said...

Nice loose brushwork, and I love the title!

Ruth Andre said...

The color is luscious!

Diane Hoeptner (hep-ner) said...

Screams "abundance!" Beautiful painting.

Martha Cowan said...

This is so beautiful! I especially love the title. The reflections are so good!

n. rhodes harper said...

Thanks so much Pam. I love these colors. I think I am going to paint it large. thanks so much for stopping by.

n. rhodes harper said...

Thanks Bev, I appreciate your kind words. These colors seem to appeal to everyone.

n. rhodes harper said...

Thanks, Dana! If I could, I would paint everything with these colors!

n. rhodes harper said...

Thank you Karen, I try to paint loose and I am glad you noticed! Titles are the fun part!

n. rhodes harper said...

Ruth, thanks so much. I am always in awe of natures colors. And isn't it fun we get to paint them!

n. rhodes harper said...

Hi Diane, Thanks so much for your wonderful kind words and taking time to stop by.

n. rhodes harper said...

Thanks Martha, I don't know why but I love naming paintings, it is so fun to me. and I like a little whimsy.

Cheri Wollenberg said...

Fabulous colors and it is so fresh looking. Wonderful painting!

Nancy Medina said...

Nancy this is gorgeous, the color is just luscious!

n. rhodes harper said...

thanks Cheri, I love these colors.

n. rhodes harper said...

Nancy thanks so much for stopping by, sometimes color just begs to be put to canvas. This was one of those times.