Friday, September 3, 2010

Making The Cut

Remember the old barber shops with the barber pole outside that twists around with different colors? Maybe not, unless you are my age. You don't see many of those anymore. It seems chain stores and day spas are the way both male and females are going to get haircuts these days. This little shop is alive and well on Main Street USA. 6x8 oil on canvas board. Contact Nancy Rhodes Harper if interested in purchasing. Thanks for looking.

Day 2 painting in my marathon!

10 comments:

carol morgan carmichael said...

So awesome! Love how loose you left the figures.

Pattie Wall said...

Great Nanc! I remember going to a barber shop with my mom to get my little brother's haircut every week. His barber was sooo darned handsome, I think my mom had a crush on him..even I did - at a tender young age. You brought those memories soaring back!

Kay Keyes Farrar said...

Love it Nancy - I remember going with my dad and having to wait while he got his cut. Thanks for the memory! Hope you are doing well.

Frank Gardner said...

When I was a kid the barber shop had a pole like that AND it was right next door to the Fire House!

Art with Liz said...

We didn't really have them here, but I remember them from the movies! Lovely Nancy.

n. rhodes harper said...

Thanks Carol. I really have to make a point to be loose but only in my paintings! lol

n. rhodes harper said...

Thanks so much Patti, I think at one time we had like 5 barbershops on our town square, each with a pole and our population was less than 2000.

n. rhodes harper said...

Hi Kay, thanks so much, I am glad it brought up a good memory for you.

n. rhodes harper said...

Thanks Frank, I wonder if the guys getting a haircut were ever firemen? It would be wild to have half a cut and get an alarm.

n. rhodes harper said...

Hi Liz! Well, I am glad you got to see them in the movies at least. Hope all is well with you. Happy Painting!