Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Mocha Frappachino Ambiance by Nancy Rhodes Harper

I somehow survived my entire life without drinking or even liking coffee. It smelled great but tasted so bitter and bad. Until the day! The day the heavens opened up and the big green sign came down from the sky and I heard this giant alien coffee bean say: "Mocha Frappachino With An Extra Shot!" Ok, I said, but I don't like anything with coffee in it. Oh you will like this the bean said. Go follow the road to the big green sign and tell the people called barista's that you want a venti mocha frappachino with an extra shot. Well by this time I was sure I was pretty much going nuts or was going to win a Nobel peace price because I was having a conversation with a coffee bean. Ok, I am just kidding about the bean but not about discovering the great frappachino. I have to think of them as poison now because I like them too much and save them for a once in a while treat, that is after I load an extra $50.00 on my Starbucks card. This is a 6x6 oil painted in a local Starbucks. ©2010 thanks for looking!

No. 18 Sept. painting marathon

10 comments:

Paula Villanova said...

Yep, that's Starbucks alright...when they first came to our town several years ago, and one hardy soul from work offered to go to pick up coffees for everyone, after taking their orders, she said she felt like she was learning a foreign language and didn't want to do that again! Nice painting!

Katie Wilson-Bernatas said...

The warms in this painting are awesome. Nice composition.

carol morgan carmichael said...

Great piece. Love the warm colors. Very inviting.
I think coffee is a health drink.

Linda Popple said...

Great painting and I love your story!!

Karen Bruson said...

Love the warm tones and overall color harmony. Nice, soft edges.

n. rhodes harper said...

Thanks Paula, Isn't that the truth, I am still intimidated with ordering! Thanks for stopping in and for your kind comments.

n. rhodes harper said...

Katie, thanks, I am just getting into the warms on my palette.

n. rhodes harper said...

Carol coffee is a health drink especially with chocolate and whipped cream. I am starting to love warmer colors.

n. rhodes harper said...

thanks Linda!

n. rhodes harper said...

thanks Karen, I am always getting confused with hard and soft edges. I like big brush strokes with hard edges but I think soft edges are so relaxing to look at.