Monday, November 8, 2010

The Perfect Pumpkin by Nancy Rhodes Harper

A couple of weekends ago I got an itch to paint some farm animals. I found a Petting Zoo on a farm near me so I took headed out to paint. The farm was wonderful and being fall they had a pumpkin patch with a hayride to the patch to pick your own pumpkin. Of course I went on the hayride and it was so fun. The farmer that owns the farm was helping visitors pick their pumpkins and I snagged this image of him. I managed to paint a couple of plein air pieces while I was there with my friend and fellow artist Robin Roberts. 9x12 oi on archival canvas board.©2010

ps. I sold 2 paintings at my show in Northport, Al. at Renaissance Art Gallery last week!

6 comments:

Dana Cooper said...

This thumbnail on my blog roll looked like a photo, but it reads as such a lovely painting with a closer look. Beautiful atmosphere Nancy!

n. rhodes harper said...

Dana, thanks so much for your kind words. I am really trying to catch the light and it is hard to nail the color and the right values. thanks so much!

carol morgan carmichael said...

This is just terrific Nancy! Congrats on your renaissance show. Keep showing us these beautiful works.

Rick Nilson said...

your stuff just gets better and better. very nice work.

Diane Minuti said...

Love this. Very nice composition and very well painted!

FCP said...

Lovely!