Saturday, July 2, 2011

Chop and Stir by Nancy Rhodes Harper

I love to paint chefs and waiters. I like to capture the busy movement of a kitchen or a dining room. This is a painting I just delivered to Rennaisance Art Gallery in Northport, Alabama. I got to see first hand the devastation left by the tornado in Tuscaloosa. It is unbelievable. So much more to do there.  I think my new word is simplify, which pretty much covers everything in my life. My paintings, my possessions, my home, my life in general. It is really hard to do! This painting is 11x14 ©2011 oil framed and waiting for a new home. ContactRenaissance Art Gallery if interested. Thanks for looking! Happy Fourth Of July America!!

5 comments:

Cheri Wollenberg said...

Nancy, you have truly captured a lot of movement in this painting. It is such a wonderful work...carried out beautifully.

Susan Roux said...

There's lots going on here. You really captured the hustle in the kitchen. The white outfits really pull the composition together. Very nice.

Simplify? I could use a good dose of that...

suzannepaints said...

This is a lovely painting. Your sentiments are mine. So much more to rebuild in Tuscaloosa.

Karen Bruson said...

Nicely done! Lots of energy.

Kathy Mallat said...

You really worked the power of suggestion through your wonderful, loose brushwork. I can feel the hustle!