Monday, September 19, 2011

Little Red Corvette by Nancy Rhodes Harper

Last fall I had the privilege to take a workshop from Tim Horn (a fabulous California artist). The workshop was at the Sandy Springs Art School. Tim was a wonderful instructor and I learned so much. One of the participants of the workshop owned this corvette and her husband brought it for us to paint. I wish I could have purchased Tim's demo but it wasn't in the cards. This is my own version of the car. This painting will be featured in an ad in American Art Collector Magazine where I am included with a wonderful group called Contemporary Fine Art International. The ad will be available in Oct or Nov. I am excited! Thanks for looking 6x6 oil on hardboard ©2011 Purchase price $200.00 from DailyPaintworks.

4 comments:

Kathy Cousart said...

Gorgeous! Love the red against just that perfect color of yellow to balance but let the red pop! Yay on being in the ad- I can see why they chose this one...it is fabulous!

Virginia Floyd said...

Love your painting style in this one, Nancy. Lots of lovely loose brushstrokes. Great colors too...That pale yellow and gray really sets off the fab car!

n. rhodes harper said...

Hi Virginia, thanks so much sometimes those brushes take off by themselves! I appreciate your comments so much!

n. rhodes harper said...

Thanks Kathy pal!